Have a question?
Search on Frequently Asked Questions
General problem solutions
– What are the minimum system requirements
– Which desktop browsers are compatible with the CL3VER editor?
– Which desktop browsers are compatible with CL3VER 3D Presentations?
– Which mobile OS are compatible with CL3VER 3D Presentations?
– Can I run CL3VER on linux?
Compatibility and file formats
– How can I import my 3D models and projects into CL3VER?
– Which 3D file formats are supported in CL3VER?
– What is the recommended 3D file size and characteristics?
– Could UV’s maps exported from 3ds max be used in CL3VER?
– Are environment maps such as hdri’s supported in CL3VER?
– What are the supported texture file format in CL3VER?
– What are the recommended texture dimensions to be used in CL3VER?
What is CL3VER?
CL3VER it’s a cloud based platform to create interactive 3D presentations for web and mobile.
Who is it for?
CL3VER is a useful tool for:
With CL3VER you can easily create interactive 3D presentations, configurators, catalogs and manuals that enable clients and project stakeholders to see buildings, products and objects from different angles, inside or outside, customize them, see and compare alternative designs.
What is it for?
With CL3VER you can create interactive 3D Virtual Tours, interactive 3D Architectural Presentations, 3D Architectural configurators, communicate sustainable designs, product presentations, 3d product configurators, 3d catalogs, interactive 3d manuals and instructions.
How does CL3VER work?
CL3VER does not require any software installation nor any application. CL3VER works in the browser and the application runs in the cloud so there is no need for updates or maintenance.
CL3VER is an innovative technology developed in HTML5, based on WebGL library and also working in Flash (to support old versions of browsers).
To use CL3VER:
- Create an account here;
- Once in your account you select a template and the editor is opened;
- Upload a 3D model in one of our supported formats by using one of our plugins or by or importing via drag & drop;
- Create and edit the scene and once you’re done you click the button “Publish” and the 3D Presentation will be directly available on a simple URL.
How do I publish a CL3VER Presentation to a website?
The easiest way is to embed the content into your website via iFrame. You can find more information on the “Publishing tutorial“.
How can I have CL3VER scenes working on vBulletin?
I have problems using CL3VER from my office. What can I do?
If you try to access your CL3VER account from an Internet connection protected by Firewall, make sure the Port 8080 is enabled, otherwise you won’t be able to use the CL3VER. Anytime you’re trying to access your CL3VER account from a private company Internet connection and you have problem, contact with the System Admin and make sure the Port 8080 is enabled on your firewall.
My CL3VER presentation does not work with Safari’s private browsing. What can I do?
When you’re using the private browsing navigation mode, Safari restricts local storage permission so that the 3D scene does not load or gives errors. To be able to view the interactive scene switch off the private browsing.Here you can find more information about How to turn Private navigation on or off in Safari iOS8
How can I enable WebGL on Safari for Mac?
- Open the Safari menu and select Preferences
- Click the Advanced tab in the Preferences window
- Then, at the bottom of the window, check the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox
- Then, open the Develop menu in the menu bar and select Enable WebGL
How can I enable WebGL on Google Chrome for Mac?
You have to type “chrome://flags/” in your Chrome browser’s URL bar (Flags and Plugins – Chrome OS Wiki – Google Sites) and then enable WebGL from the list of options available and click on “Relaunch Now”. The CL3VER page will reload and the interactive 3D scene will be available. That’s it!
How can I enable WebGL on Firefox for Mac?
- Type “about:config” in your Firefox browser’s URL bar
- Do a search for “webgl” in the Filter field
- Double-click the “enabled_for_all_sites” preference to change it to “true”
What are the minimum system requirements
CL3VER does not require any software installation nor any application. CL3VER runs in the browser. Your hardware needs to be equipped with a powerful graphic card to run 3D smoothly. Our recommendations are:
Any Mac with Intel Core 2 duo or above, or any Mac Pro tower with dedicated GPU and Power PC and above.
- Graphics memory: Recommended are at least 256 MB
- Principally, WebGL should work with all graphics cards that support OpenGL 2.1 (or higher) resp. OpenGL ES 2.0 (special driver required). That applies generally to all contemporary graphics cards from nVidia, AMD, or Intel, but also to the latest integrated graphics chips. A possible difficulty concerns drivers (especially when working with Windows), since drivers on board often only provide am insufficient support or no support at all for OpenGL.
- Recommendation (Windows): Install the latest drivers of the graphics card fabricator.
Which desktop browsers are compatible with the CL3VER editor?
Which desktop browsers are compatible with CL3VER 3D Presentations?
CL3VER Viewer 2.1 on Mac OS
|OS X Yosemite||OS X Mavericks||OS X Mountain Lion||OS X Lion||OS X Snow Leopard|
CL3VER Viewer 2.1 on Windows OS
|Windows 8.1||Windows 8||Windows 7||Windows XP|
Which mobile OS are compatible with CL3VER 3D Presentations?
- Android: Android OS does not support WebGL. CL3VER presentations on Android devices runs in HTML5. The quality of the HTML5 scenes can be customized in the publishing setting.
- iOS: iOS8 does support WebGL so CL3VER presentations runs natively on mobile devices with iOS8. For previous iOS versions you can download the CL3VER App for iOS on the App Store. Previous iOS versions also supports HTML5 and the quality of the scenes can be customized in the publishing setting.
Can I run CL3VER on linux?
Of Course! As long as your hardware and browser requirements are met!
How can I import my 3D models and projects into CL3VER?
You can import your 3D models into CL3VER via:
- CL3VER native plugins available for the following modeling software: Autodesk Revit, Autodesk 3ds Max, Rhino 5 and Sketchup. Please visit our plugin page.
- Drag & Drop: by drag and drop .fbx, .3ds, .dae, .kmz, .stl and .obj 3D files directly in the CL3VER viewport. Please read the “Importing via drag and drop” tutorial.
Which 3D file formats are supported in CL3VER?
CL3VER currently supports .fbx, .3ds, .dae, .kmz, .stl and .obj through direct drag and drop import into CL3VER. Just drag a zip file or all the elements into the CL3VER editor, and you’re done! CL3VER also support Autodesk Revit, Autodesk 3ds Max, Rhino 5 and Sketchup via one click export plugins.
What is the recommended 3D file size and characteristics?
Although technically CL3VER can support huge scenes, it is recommended to optimize the scenes so they can be played on most machines. 2GB of memory should be a reasonable limit for most PC’s, so it is recommended to stay below that limit. The number of materials and geometries also affects the performance, so it is recommended that they do not exceed 1.000. 3D models in CL3VER are highly compressed and depending on the source 3D file format this compression can be in a range of x2 to x10.
So, the limits on the file size depends on the type of 3d format.
- 1Gb of file size (depends on 3d format)
- 15,000,000 polygons
- 2Gb of file size (depends on 3d format)
- 30,000,000 polygons
CL3VER designer offers optimization tools so the scenes can be optimized both in memory and in file size.
Could UV’s maps exported from 3ds max be used in CL3VER?
The UV´s created in 3ds Max are supported in the CL3VER engine, and in fact are required for the use of the baked textures in channel 2 for Lightmaps/Ambient Occlusion.
Are environment maps such as hdri’s supported in CL3VER?
They can be used in the Environment panel, as Background maps, Reflection maps(Global) or as Global image based lighting, where features such as Intensity, Exponent and bias can be changed.
What are the supported texture file format in CL3VER?
Supported texture formats in CL3VER are the following:
Before importing textures in CL3VER make sure they’re in the above file format, if not convert them before importing.
What are the recommended texture dimensions to be used in CL3VER?
The recommended texture dimensions should not exceed 2048 pixels, the texture will be loaded into the scene but unless the reduced dimensions you will not be able to save or publish the scene.
Recommended dimensions should be:
|128X128 px||256×256 px||512×512 px||1024×1024 px||2048×2048 px|
How do I create a CL3VER account?
Creating a CL3VER trial account is fast and FREE:
- Go to our sign up page, or click here;
- Fill in the form with your details and click “Sign up”;
- You will receive an email to your address from “email@example.com” including a “verify address” link that you must click to activate your account;
- Done, your account is created and you can start using the application straight forward.
How do I get a quote for a CL3VER plan?
To get an Enterprise plan quote, without any obligation, you have to contact us using this web form. We will reply you in the short time possible.
How do I cancel a CL3VER account?
Are you sure you want to cancel your account? If so no problem, you have to contact us using this web form with your account email address and we will proceed with the account cancellation. All information associated with it will be deleted. We will keep you informed about the status of your cancellation process.
Is my published 3D scene secure?
When a CL3VER 3D scene is published it cannot be downloaded by anyone. Furthermore CL3VER html code is “obfuscated”, meaning we make code is unreadable by another human being but at the same time your computer can still interpret want your code wants to execute.
Is my 3D model secure on the CL3VER cloud?
CL3VER cloud services are stored in a 3dr party cloud service provider. The security of the content uploaded into your CL3VER workspace is guaranteed by leading web service provider Amazon. To find our more detailed information about Amazon Cloud Service security visit the ASW Security Center.