Interactive 3D presentations for architects made easy – now available for free
5th March 2014 – Today at CL3VER, we release a new version of the editor, helping architects showcase concepts and designs to clients in minutes.
The high value that CL3VER brings to architects when they have to communicate their design intent to clients, combined with its easy accessibility, caught the attention of leading architecture firm NBBJ. Describing CL3VER’s workflow, Ryan J. Mullenix, AIA, Principal Architect at NBBJ, said: “It’s very fluid, it’s collaborative, and we learn things along the way that we wouldn’t normally learn in a more static approach. CL3VER has a very immersive experience. The end user gets it, is able to engage with it, and we are able to script and choreograph our message in a much more specific way.”
The improvements and simplifications in the new editor begin with its interface, which has been optimized using app usage data and the experience that CL3VER’s creative team gained working on projects with leading architecture firms such as NBBJ.
Create Interactive 3D Presentations Using Steps
To help users create 3D presentations faster, CL3VER 2.0 introduces the concept of ‘Steps’. Steps enable users to create interactive experiences as simply as if they were adding slides to a PowerPoint presentation. Each one can be used to connect a camera in a 3D scene to buttons and panels, enabling users to create customized virtual tours and fly-by animations in minutes.
Automatic Lightmap Rendering (Beta)
A unique feature of the new editor that gives presentations a photorealistic quality is lightmap rendering. After importing a 3D object, CL3VER will bake lightmaps for the scene and assign them automatically to the model. Check out the automatic lightmap rendering tutorial.
With this release, CL3VER confirms its position as the leading online 3D presentation tool for architects who want to communicate with their clients and project stakeholders in an easy and engaging way.
Related Blog post
- CL3VER releases Cloud importing to support big files
- 3D Scene Hierarchy importing
- Apple iOS8, Welcome to the WebGL family
- CL3VER now supports FBX files, a huge step for BIM projects
- CL3VER Viewer 2.1, faster on any device
- CGChannel “CL3VER rolls out CL3VER 2.0“, March 5th, 2014
- Renderosity “CL3VER 2.0, Interactive 3D Presentations For Architects Made Easy, Now For Free“, March 5th, 2014
- 3dtotal “CL3VER 2.0“, March 9th, 2014
- Graphic Speak “Startup Cl3ver arrives to offer easy 3D presentation creation to architects. The company announces new pricing and new tutorials“, March 10, 2014